Sunday, March 4, 2012

Coping with multi-tasking




It can get stressful when you have to multi-task.
Humans are meant to focus on one thing, and multi-tasking is not one thing.

My biggest tips that I have found to help me in times of stress are:

If you're complaining, and bitching (yes, bitching) that you are tired:
                  Drop what you're doing, and take a nap

If you just woke up and you don't seem to function properly:
                 Say hello to either a tall cold glass of water, a cup of coffee, an espresso drink, a cup of black tea, or some yerba mate.

If you have way too much going on in your head:
              Write it down. By writing it down you are now releasing some of that pressure on your mind and onto that piece of paper.

If you're feeling down and unmotivated:
             Spoil yourself, its amazing how much better you feel when you reward yourself. You don't even have to spend money. Put on a nice outfit, wash your face, do your makeup, or go for a short walk.

If you have a child and can't figure out when to spend time with them:
             Find time. You need your child just as much as they need you. It's amazing how much better you feel when you can act like a little kid again!

When to multi-task:
AVOID IT, you don't have to technically multi-task all the time. I've found that I can focus on one thing, and rather than multi-task, I bounce task. I completely erase the stress that everything else has to get done because I wrote it down. When I finish one thing or part of it, I just mark it on my paper and voila. If I didn't finish a task earlier, I have written it down and can bounce back to it later.

Goodnight and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment